Saturday, December 31, 2011

Graduation

We both officially GRADUATED!!! I graduated from BYU with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Scotty graduated from UVU with a Bachelor of Science in Technology Management with an emphasis in Building Construction (whew, that's a mouth full). I remember a time when I thought the time would never come. Yet here it is, and I can't believe how fast time flies. We both worked hard to finish up our last semesters. I finished all my clinical hours and feel so blessed for the experience that I had at Primary Children's. It is so weird to think that we're not starting up another semester in a few days, but it feels good! It was hard to leave Provo for both of us. We both have many, many cherished memories and created so many great friendships. But we are excited to start a new stage in life and bring our sweet little babe into the world.

BYU and UVU don't have Commencement in December so we didn't get to walk which was a little disappointing. All my nursing class walked in the August Commencement but it was during the week of our family cruise so I missed it. I still wanted a picture with a cap and gown so I borrowed my friend's and snapped a few shots.



Scotty didn't care about the cap and gown but I made him take a picture anyways...
 I am so grateful for the wonderful education that we were both able to receive. My time at BYU has taught me so many lessons. The nursing program was very challenging and at times I would lay in bed at night with my alarm set between 4:45 or 5 am and think, "Why in the world am I doing this? Why didn't I pick an easier major and finish sooner?" But I know that I'm meant to be a nurse and that Heavenly Father pathed the way and helped me each step of the way. I love caring for people and am excited to start this profession sometime after the baby is born. I know I've said it on here before but I am so grateful for all the friendships that I have created in the nursing program. Some of them have become my closest friends and will miss them dearly...
 Carly, me, and Whit + Calvin
I'm sure going to miss these two!!!


2 comments:

carcar said...

I miss you whit! It's so weird to think that we are not starting school on Wednesday! I hope things are going well as you are getting settled in :)

whitney said...

ah, i love this! i am going to call you soon to catch up.. p.s you are almost a momma!!!