Monday, September 10, 2012

7 Months

Brooklyn turned 7 months last week! This little girl is growing, growing, growing. This month she has become a very mobile girl. She has got the army crawl down and gets close to really crawling. She scoots herself across our whole place and is starting to follow me wherever I go. I constantly have a little buddy at my feet playing with my toes or tugging at my pants. Another big change I've seen this month is that I really think she is starting to understand things a lot more. Those wheels in her head seem to really be turning and she is starting to pick things up. She's a lot more work now that I have to keep a constant eye on her and she gets into EVERYTHING I don't want her to, but it's also a lot of fun! Here are some highlights of this past month...

-Starting to understand certain phrases like "no, no Brooklyn." (Although, she hasn't learned to mind yet). She always stops what she's doing, gives me the guiltiest little face, and then continues to do it. haha. Also understands "come here" when I'm coming to pick her up and she'll put her arms up for me. 
-Pro-sitter now and can go from her stomach to sitting on her own. Her favorite position is sitting now.
-Loves to get every cord (no matter how well I think I hide them), shoe, dirty diaper, and anything out of the ordinary that is left on the ground. I definitely have to watch what I leave laying around and clean my floors MUCH more frequently. 
-Always goes poop in her carseat. Scotty thinks it's the position she is sitting in-gross!
-Her bottom two teeth are so close to coming in. I can tell from her gums and her waking up a million times a night crying that she is so close. It's been awhile since I've gotten a good nights sleep. Please break through, please break through, please break through....
-Eats 3 solid meals a day now and is good at eating. Rarely refuses anything and her FAVORITE thing is the Gerber Yogurt Blends. She basically leaves her mouth open the whole time I'm feeding it to her. 
-Is starting to mimic us on certain things. She does this with blowing bubbles (see video below), blowing air out my nose, and blowing air on her food. 
-Has a real big girl laugh which is SOO cute! She laughs much more frequently now.
-Loves dogs! My friend has a dog and every time she comes close to her she just starts giggling, it is so adorable.
-Is all over the place in her crib now and falls asleep in the weirdest positions. She has started to prefer sleeping on her stomach too. 
-We saw her get scared for the first time. Not just a startle and start crying sort of thing but a real, big person scream. She was outside with Scotty and Grandpa Martin and he pulled out a tarp and started shaking it and she let out a loud scream and grabbed on tight to Scotty. She did it every time he moved the tarp. We have never seen her like that, it was sad but super cute at the same time. 
-Dropped her third nap on her own (which is nice) so now she takes two naps a day. Occasionally she will need the third one though. 
-Her favorite place to play is her room. She loves getting all the books in the closet and I always find her sitting in there. 
-Still loves tags so Grandma Martin made her a "tag blanket" which she loves. 
-All her bald spots have grown back in so I gave her a little trim and it is finally all even now! She is definitely turning into a blondie. 
-Has learned to put her pacifier in by herself (I wish she would do it in the middle of the night). I love coming in to get her and see her sitting there with her pacifier in. 
-Has outgrown a lot of her clothes and can only wear mostly 9-12 month or 12 month clothes.

We love watching her strong, fireball personality develop and love her to death!

Probably trying to get to the remote...

Naughty girl...
 Good Afternoon Sunshine!
 LOVES her "tags" blanket

 One of her favorite spots...




 Look of determination...
 So close!
 She was ready to watch her first BYU Football game...

 Her other favorite spot-the cords!!
 Army crawler...


Best buds...




 Ready for her haircut!....

 "Can I come out now Mom?"
 Pretty much has outgrown the play mat...

Packed up a bunch of her old tiny clothes. :( I had to hurry and hide it in the attic before I tricked myself into thinking I was baby hungry again. 

 Little Stinker. Totally forgot I left this by the pantry door & of course she found it!

 Practicing her Yoga poses

 She looks so big in her car seat now!!

Compared to when we first brought her home-crazy how much she's changed!...

 I'm hoping I can stretch out the length recommendations for a while b/c the last thing I want to do is buy a new car seat already!
 Big girl in her new highchair...

Sorry for the picture overload!!!

No comments: