Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just Friends to Dating...

So I thought it would be a good idea to tell the story of how we met and started dating. Soo...my freshmen year summer term at BYU I was roommates with Ashley Anderson. From that point on we became best friends. Well it just so happens that Ashley and Scotty are cousins. The year Scotty went back to school, he would come hang out with our group of friends every once in a while and would have Sunday dinners with us most Sundays. There was absolutely nothing between us most of all the first semester. Then one night in December around finals time I was over at Ashley's house and he came over but Ashley and my other best friend Sara were in the other room with a guy in one of their classes studying. So Scotty and I just hung out and were talking in the other room and the the topic of my "love life" came up. At that time there was another boy that I was interested in and I was all frustrated by the dating game. So I was asking Scotty for some advice and somehow by the end of the night we had started the flirting game and he got my number. I didn't think anything of it and didn't think he would actually ever use that number but the night I got back from Christmas break he texted me and we started texting all the time and talking a lot more. Now when we hung out with the group we both had the idea of each other in the back of our heads, flirted a lot more, and could tell that there was definately some interest from each side building up. Then one Friday night we both finally did something about it. The night started out as a group of us went hot-tubing and then went back to Ashley's house to watch a movie. Me and Scotty of course sat right next to each other and then after it everyone was asleep. We ended up staying up till 5 in the morning. I know you are all thinking we were up kissing the whole night, but that wasn't the case, we were just talking, laughing and having the most fun we both had had with someone in a long time. But then came the goodbye, the awkward what does this mean? and is he going to kiss me? point of the night...well he didn't, he hugged me and kissed me on the forehead and I was happy with that. Now the next night is a completely different story....we did hang out all night and we did actually kiss that night, and from that point on we knew we had crossed the line of just friendship. After about a week of texting, talking, kissing, and not really sure where this was going to go Scotty asked me out on a date. It was the most comfortable date we had ever been on and everything was just clicking. He even made the bold move to hold my hand in public around the mall while waiting for the movie! From that point on we started dating and were pretty much inseperable.

These are some pictures of Me and Scotty when we were just friends...
Halloween 2007



Sledding...Bowling...


No comments: