Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ENGAGED

Me and Scotty got engaged on June 17. We had to do a long distance relationship/engagement for the summer, which was the WORST!!! So June 17 was the day I flew into California for one of trips to see each other. I would get so excited whenever one of those days would finally come!! We had already looked at rings and knew we wanted to get married at the end of the summer so I knew the engagement had to be soon but he still got me off guard. My flight got in pretty late that night, so I figured this couldn't be the night and that was the furthest thing from my mind because I was just so happy to be with him. So we got upstairs to put my bags in the room that I always stay in and on the bed there was a present and flowers. I was really suprised that it was going to happen right then. So I open the present and in it is a book (its a shutterfly book) so it had a picture of us on the front and each page a picture of us and something really sweet that Scotty wrote and at the last page it had a picture of Scotty on one knee and said "Will you marry me?" This book is amazing and anybody that hasn't seen it, needs to!! (p.s. props to Lyndsay who came up with idea and helped Scotty with it!!). When it got to the last page Scotty got down on one knee and proposed. And no I didn't cry...at that moment. I felt so overwhelmed with happiness to just be there with him and then now engaged!! But about an hour later after the party had calmed down I was up in his room and reread it because I went through it so fast the first time and then that's when the tears of happiness came.

2 comments:

the Sisters said...

Awwww, I love it!! I cannot believe you guys have already been married for like 2 months! That night seems like it was a week ago. (PS- thanx for the shout out!) I'm so sad we're not going to see you guys on Thanksgiving... stupid job!!

Danny and Kaitlin said...

YAY! you posted stuff on your blog! I'm so happy! and I loved reading about how you guys met/started to date, and the engagement! you guys got engaged 3 days after danny's and mine first date, I remember him telling me that scotty was going to propose! CUTE! I can't wait for more posts! :)