Can I just say how happy I am that January is over??? I struggle with January, it always seems so long because it's so cold and it's the start of another semester. But guess what?? THIS IS OUR LAST WINTER SEMESTER! HALLELUJAH! hah. We are both starting to feel some MAJOR 5th year senioritis but are just trying to take it day by day and enjoy our time.
This semester is my Critical Care and Psych Nursing semester. I have started my clinical in the ICU and will start my Psych clinical next week.
I have enjoyed the ICU experience so far (minus the beastly assessments I have to do weekly). This is how it looks when you go into an ICU for first time...a little overwhelming...
haha...But I love learning new things and the challenge of the ICU. I have learned a great deal already and love caring for the patients that are in such great need.
Scotty is staying busy with his 18 credits and 20-25 hrs of work/week...I'm so grateful for his amazing work ethic, he NEVER complains and is always positive! (wish I could say the same :/)
Here are some things that we have been up to this month:
While we were at my parent's house for Christmas my sisters got me hooked on GLEE. We watched the first season of Glee in record time. Now I have to wait for the second season to come out.
My fav. song is the Journey Medley from the season finale...look it up :)
Along those same lines...
We got a BluRay player for Christmas and I think one of the best purchases we have made is getting NETFLIX (especially during the winter)

One of my favorite things to do is watch TV seasons. I love being able to upstream SO many good TV shows directly onto the TV. I may or may not have watched the first 3 seasons of The Hills in one weeks time :).
It's so nice to have so many options to watch and be able to listen to seasons while I'm at work. We are currently going through the seasons of LOST and are loving it.
We also tried out the new restaurant La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods with Ash, Casey, Craig, and Kim and LOVED it. It is great food with reasonable prices...isn't it cute??
We also played our new Settlers of Catan Expansion Pack game with Sam and Allison...this game has like a MILLION different ways to play and the manual is like a book so we will have to play more to figure it out better!
We went up to Salt Lake to Scott's brother's house and played the Kinect game with them and it was so fun!! I loved it, if I had the dancing game I think I would play nonstop! This was the first time I have ever had a desire to buy a XBOX! :)
One of the biggest highlights of January was going to the SDSU vs BYU game. We didn't think that we were able to go and being the sports fanatics that we are were pretty heartbroken, but luckily one of my friends had extra tickets that we were able to buy, thanks again Carly and Peter! This game was amazing, I have never seen the Marriott Center so packed and so loud!! My ears were seriously ringing when I went to bed that night. And Jimmer Fredette is amazing. Enough said. We have big hopes for BYU in March.
Well, that pretty much sums up January. We are looking forward to February and hopefully I will stay more on top of things and not have to do one massive post!





2 comments:
Wow, I have good timing! Checked your blog the same day you posted. :) I'm so glad you guys got to go to that San Diego game! I've gotta admit-- I'm a little jealous. Brian and I were on our feet in our family room for a good 80% of that game. I have crazy Jimmer Fever. Uh-mazing. Glad this is your last winter in Utah!!! We mis you! XOXO.
isnt la jolla groves the cutest little place inside?!?! we need to get a game night going again. we'll leave it up to sam to figure out the next extension for settlers haha
Post a Comment