The past couple of months have been pretty dang busy! I went to spring term and just finished a couple of weeks ago. I worked with a group of refugees up in Salt Lake for clinical. Although it wasn't exactly what I expected, overall I learned quite a bit from this inspiring group of people. They all have experienced such great hardships that I can't even imagine and am grateful to have spent time with them. Scotty is also taking some online classes this summer. This summer is different than the last two and we are actually staying in Provo for the whole thing. We were both able to get new jobs this summer that we are pretty excited about. Scotty is working for a heating & air company that does a lot of new construction in the Lehi area. He is learning a lot of new things and this will be great experience for him if he decides to go down that avenue in construction down the road. I was also able to get a new job as a LPN at an assisted living community called Courtyard at Jamestown. The opportunity just came out of nowhere and I should thank Ash Bash for letting me know of the opening and recommending me. It has been a great learning experience and I feel that it will help fill a hole that I felt was missing on my resume for future job hunting as a RN. I took the LPN licensing test last week and PASSED (thank goodness) and I'm so glad I don't have a test like that looming over my head anymore (until I graduate that is). Although both of these jobs are really great experiences for both of us there have been some drawbacks in that our schedules don't always align and include the weekends which make going on vacations a little more difficult. But, nonetheless we feel very grateful and blessed this summer.
One of the fun things that we have been able to do lately is go to the Strawberry Days Rodeo while Danny and Kaitlin were in town. I was a little worried because I'm such a softy when it comes to animals but I actually really enjoyed it and would definitely go again!
So for now we are just staying busy with work but are counting down the days till we can get out of town and see family. We have the Tracy Family Reunion in Island Park in a few weeks and then the Anderson Family cruise in a little over a month, we CAN'T WAIT for both!
No comments:
Post a Comment