Sunday, October 30, 2011

100!

(image)
100 days till my due date! I don't know why, but this day seems monumental to me in my pregnancy timeline. I love that I am now only double digits away from when my little girl will be here. Here are a few things that have been happening lately that I want to remember:
-I finally got COMPLETE relief from my nausea/vomiting between my 20th and 21st week. I was so grateful for this because I had seriously given into the idea that I was going to feel like crap the whole time. So this was a great surprise.
-Along those same lines, I had a great experience that increased my testimony of the power of the Priesthood and that Heavenly Father is watching over me. I started my clinical hours when I was around 18 weeks and was still having bad days and throwing up. I was bawling the night before my first clinical shift because I had no clue how I was going to handle the stress of learning everything and having a good experience when I was still feeling like crap and throwing up randomly. Scotty gave me a Priesthood blessing that night and even though the next morning was early with little sleep (which is a bad combination for nausea in the first place), it was the best that I had felt in almost 4 months! I was seriously so shocked and so grateful. Although I continued to feel sick for a couple more weeks, as I already said, I can honestly say that I have never felt nauseous or had any impulse to throw up while at the hospital. This has been such a blessing in my life and definitely a tender mercy from the Lord. I'm grateful for my husband and that he is a worthy Priesthood holder.
-In the last few weeks I have seen the most change in my growing belly. I'm feeling pretty comfortable overall but some days I feel some pain that comes along with all of that growing and stretching.
-I am starting to have lots of lower back/sciatic back pain. I am carrying this baby really low which I'm sure is contributing, along with my terrible posture. Thank goodness for a husband who rubs my back, pregnancy pillows, and heat packs.
-She has gotten so much stronger! It's no longer little "gas bubbles" or cute little kicks. Some of her kicks are so strong that it startles me and I can see my belly move through my clothes. It's also no longer just kicks but I can feel her move around and change positions, it is the most bizarre feeling! I'm sure this is only the beginning.
-We started registering and it was pretty overwhelming. I soon learned that we have no clue what we are doing. haha. As we are staring at this huge wall of baby supplies at Babies R Us, I don't know what half the things are and if we really need them. There are way too many options out there that just confuse me. Take bottles for example. Why are there so many different types and sizes? I thought nipples for bottles were a one-size fits all, do you really need to get new nipples for each age group? And same thing with pacifiers?? What if I buy newborn diapers and my baby is huge and doesn't even fit in them? Breast pumps: why are they so expensive??? And the list goes on and on. Has anybody seen that episode of Friends when Rachel has her baby shower?? That is how I felt when we left. I have read lots on pregnancy but now I think it's time to start learning about how to actually take care of the baby. :) I figure billions of moms have figured it out just fine, so I will too. Big thanks to all the moms out there that I have started picking their brains, I'm sure I'll continue to have lots of questions. :)
-I'm starting to get more ideas for a nursery. I am doing a pink, grey, and white nursery.
-Last but not least of updates, I think we have officially decided on a name:

Brooklyn Nicole Martin
(Brooklyn just because we both love it and Nicole because it's my middle name)


She is going to be here before we know it! :)

3 comments:

Nielsens said...

loved this updated! you and your belly are so cute. that is a huge blessing that you havent felt sick while at the hospital, that's awesome.

and the name is perfect. :)

the Sisters said...

So happy for you that your nausea is GONE!! I totally felt the same way registering at Babies R Us. You realize just how little you actually know. Word of advice: splurge on the breast pump! Love you guys. :)

The Manwarings said...

Congratulations on your big milestone! I remember feeling the same way you did while registering... Don't worry. (And you really don't NEED much... Stores like Babies R Us are great at making you feel like you do, though!) I love the name too. (And I'm sort of jealous that you have one picked out already! We need to get going...) Glad you're feeling better!