Stats:
Weight: 12 lbs. 14 oz. (95%)
Height: 23 3/4 in. (90%)
Head Circumference: 15 3/4 in. (90%)
Brooklyn is already 2 months old! As you can tell she is a tall and big baby! Takes after her Dad. :) Here are some facts about Brooklyn at 2 months:
-In the last week or so she has become much more interactive and social with us, she has started to coo and gurgle and will try and carry on a fun little conversation with me.
-She has become much more attentive to what is going on around her and will follow us with her eyes as we walk around the room.
-She has started smiling! Her smiles are so cute and definitely tender mercies at times.
-You can tell that she knows who Scotty and I are.
-Still LOVES her changing table!
-She is a really strong baby and has pretty good neck control and loves to stand on our laps.
-I've learned that she does best with "tummy time" in the morning, in just her diaper, and in front of the mirror...
-Her hair still kills me! I LOVE it! It's starting to come in lighter and she has lost a little bit but it is definitely longer and it is pretty wild the majority of the day!
-We were able to transition her to soy formula which we are so grateful for! She has tolerated it really well besides when we were first transitioning her she got a little constipated and we had to do a suppository :(
-She eats 5-6 oz every three hours during the day. She is starting to not eat as much in the evening because I think she is starting to move up her bedtime and cares more about sleeping than eating.
-She is usually asleep for the night around 9 or 10 p.m., wakes up once around 3 a.m. to eat, and sleeps again till around 7 a.m.-not bad!
-She spent the majority of the month in our bed because she wasn't sleeping as well in her cradle. However, we decided we didn't want to get that habit too ingrained in her so she has been back in her cradle this past week. I think she mostly liked the softness of our bed so we have rigged a little bed with her Boppy in her cradle and she has been sleeping really well with it! (Yes, I'm totally aware you aren't supposed to use pillows for sleeping or have them sleep in your bed but I felt like it was completely safe and works!-One day the Boppy will have to go though! Oh and don't worry, I'm still that parent that wakes up every couple hours to check to see if she's still breathing! lol)
-She takes most of her naps in her swing.
-She is fussy most nights but some nights are better than others and she has been doing much better this past week (I'm going to regret saying that b/c I'll probably jinx myself)
-When she is mad, she is MAD and will definitely let us know it! :)-we could be in trouble!
-She has recently become very interested in her hands and has started sucking on them for comfort which I think is great because she needs to improve on her self-soothing skills. I think she is really close to finding to her thumb.
-Lots of my extended family and friends from home thinks she resembles my family, specifically my brother Danny and sister Erica. However, I see Scotty in her.
-She has outgrown all of her newborn and 0-3 month clothes and is wearing 3 & 3-6 month clothes.
-We just love her so much and think the world of her!
-We were able to transition her to soy formula which we are so grateful for! She has tolerated it really well besides when we were first transitioning her she got a little constipated and we had to do a suppository :(
-She eats 5-6 oz every three hours during the day. She is starting to not eat as much in the evening because I think she is starting to move up her bedtime and cares more about sleeping than eating.
-She is usually asleep for the night around 9 or 10 p.m., wakes up once around 3 a.m. to eat, and sleeps again till around 7 a.m.-not bad!
-She spent the majority of the month in our bed because she wasn't sleeping as well in her cradle. However, we decided we didn't want to get that habit too ingrained in her so she has been back in her cradle this past week. I think she mostly liked the softness of our bed so we have rigged a little bed with her Boppy in her cradle and she has been sleeping really well with it! (Yes, I'm totally aware you aren't supposed to use pillows for sleeping or have them sleep in your bed but I felt like it was completely safe and works!-One day the Boppy will have to go though! Oh and don't worry, I'm still that parent that wakes up every couple hours to check to see if she's still breathing! lol)
-She takes most of her naps in her swing.
-She is fussy most nights but some nights are better than others and she has been doing much better this past week (I'm going to regret saying that b/c I'll probably jinx myself)
-When she is mad, she is MAD and will definitely let us know it! :)-we could be in trouble!
-She has recently become very interested in her hands and has started sucking on them for comfort which I think is great because she needs to improve on her self-soothing skills. I think she is really close to finding to her thumb.
-Lots of my extended family and friends from home thinks she resembles my family, specifically my brother Danny and sister Erica. However, I see Scotty in her.
-She has outgrown all of her newborn and 0-3 month clothes and is wearing 3 & 3-6 month clothes.
-We just love her so much and think the world of her!


No comments:
Post a Comment