(wish we had a better camera, half of them always come out blurry!)
This is usually how all photo shoots start out lol...
Brooklyn is 3 months old! This past month has been
monumental in so many ways with her. She has become much more alert and social.
She is always scanning the room and watching what we are doing. She gives
smiles freely and easily to Scotty and me. She still makes others work a little
bit for them though. She is so happy most of the time and her fussiness has
decreased DRASTICALLY!! Hallelujah! Here are some other highlights:
-She pretty much set up a pretty consistent schedule herself
but I have started getting a little stricter and directing her more. I am
reading the book Babywise and am using some of their tips to tweak it a little
bit so it’s even more predictable. I’m not going to lie, I had a lot of
prejudice thoughts towards this book previously but decided to see what it had
to say. I actually love a lot of it and a lot of it would have been very
valuable information in those first weeks. A lot of it I had already learned
from trial and error. The biggest thing I have learned with this whole
scheduling thing is that a flexible schedule=FREEDOM. I used to think the
opposite. But I feel so much more relaxed taking her out and doing things when
I know what to expect from her.
-She has been sleeping like a champ so far! She takes 3 naps
a day and goes to bed around 7-8 p.m. She was sleeping through the night
consistently till around 6:00-7:00 a.m. for a couple weeks but has started to
revert back a little bit ever since we moved her into her crib. Yes, we moved
her to her CRIB!! We finally decided it was time. She was outgrowing her cradle
and we were both ready to have our room back to ourselves. The first couple of
nights we really missed her in there but we are loving it now. Our bedroom was
already a tight squeeze, so with the cradle out, it feels like I can breathe
again in there!
-Now that she is in her nursery and is becoming so social
and aware, I have conceited to the fact that she is no longer my newborn.
-She has become much more interested in her toys and will
reach for them and want to bring them to her mouth. In fact, she wants to chew
on everything, especially her hands and blanket. Her coordination of playing
with her toys improves everyday.
-She drools and spits up a lot-bummer! I am covered in
prizes from her by the end of the day!
-She has the prettiest dark blue eyes.
-She took 2 trips this month. She went to Boise and Southern
California and did so great on both trips! She is already becoming a
well-traveled baby and even gets to go to Hawaii next week-what a spoiled
girl!!
-She loves bath time! She kicks her legs so fast in there,
which usually gets me fairly wet!
-She carries on much longer conversations with us and this
has to be one of my favorite things in the world.
-Her hair is always changing colors and is getting a little
lighter. It sometimes has a reddish-brown tint to it but her roots are coming
in lighter. And I’m sad to say that it is getting thinner and I am finding lots
in her crib. L
I’m losing hope of having a brunette!
-She is a very tall baby and we are already putting her in 6
months clothes because 3 months are too short.
Here are other recent pics...
Crazy hair!
She loves her Mr. Bear...
One particular day she was being extra clingy and would only nap in my arms or with me right next to her-which is unusual-so instead of continuing to be frustrated, I decided to take advantage of a nice, long, afternoon nap with her and it felt wonderful! Please ignore my nastiness (clingy baby=sweats & no makeup)...
Happy 3 months Brooklyn Nicole!





1 comment:
yay for a happy baby! and a cute one at that. i'm glad you decided to read babywise.. it really is a helpful book. miss you tons!
Post a Comment