Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2/6/13

February 6th snuck up on me and I couldn't help but be emotional a lot of the day. I just couldn't believe my baby was already ONE! I spent a lot of the day reflecting on my labor with her and when I met her for the first time. A lot of that day is a big blur b/c I felt so light-headed after her delivery. But one moment I'll always remember is when I could feel that she was completely out and having the doctor hold up this beautiful, baby girl that I had been cooking for 9 long months. She was perfect. I'll never forget how perfectly warm she was as she was placed on my chest. She was wide eyed and looking around probably wondering where the heck she was! I remember Scotty getting down close to her and him repeating over and over, "Oh my gosh, you are so cute. You are so cute." I hope I never forget that moment. I wanted to make Brooklyn's day a little more special than any other day even though she had no clue it was her birthday. So we spent the day doing a lot of her favorite things...

Eating...
(my best attempt at Mickey Ears)



Bathing...



Climbing on furniture...

Playing at the park...

And reading books...

Ok, so it was pretty much what we do everyday anyways, but I hope she had a fun day! This past year has definitely been really hard and challenging at times but none of it compares to the amount of joy and love she has brought into our home. We feel so incredibly blessed to have her as our daughter. 


1 comment:

the Sisters said...

Okay, you are the cutest mom ever!! I am feeling extremely inadequate after reading these posts... I LOVE Brooklyn's cute birthday banner and the cake looks AMAZING!!