Wednesday, May 15, 2013

15 month checkup & more pics

Brooklyn had her 15 month checkup last week and it was confirmed, yet again, that Brooklyn is VERY tall! When I took Brooklyn in for her first checkup at 3 days old she was already off the charts in height at 21 1/2 in and there has only been two checkups where she wasn't above the 100th percentile and was in the 90th and 95th. I keep waiting for her to kinda plateau but the doc thinks that since she is still growing at this rate, that she will be very tall in her childhood. But, he said she could be the kid that is done growing in 6th grade and everybody catches up. Who knows!! It will be interesting to see how it plays out...in the mean time, I think we need to start putting a volleyball in her hands!! 

Stats:
Weight: 26 lbs (95th percentile)
Height: 34 in (over the 100th percentile)
Head: 18 3/4 in (93rd percentile)

Other fun facts about Brooklyn at 15 months:
-She understands so much of what we say and will follow lots of simple instructions.
-Is starting to make animal sounds- cow ="mmm" bear ="grr" snake="sss" (sounds like a lisp-my fav!) lion=growling.
-Starting to pick up on more words/phrases but some of them I'm probably the only one that could translate!
-Doing much better with the afternoon nap. Sleeps anywhere between 2-3 hours but usually around 2 1/2.
-No more bottles!
-Has a little temper! She can throw one good tantrum, but is a little sweetheart most of the time. I guess I just need to accept that tantrums come with the territory of toddlers and do my best at being patient with them.
-Still a great little eater.
-Has become SUPER independent and wants to do everything herself. Sometimes if I do something like open her box of raisins for her or hand her food out of a bag she wants nothing to do with it until she can open the box or get out the food herself.
-Loves to feed us and other kids food.
-Church is hard with her. I'm lucky if I'm able to sit for 10-15 min of the lessons at a time. Most weeks I spend most of the time following her in the halls or taking her outside. It will be nice once she can go to nursery.
-Has 12 teeth. Top and bottom front 4 and all 4 first molars. The molars were kinda rough. She went a few weeks of only sleeping through the night every few days or so. Some nights I spent part of it sleeping in the lay-z-boy with her.
-She is definitely not a baby anymore!!

I hope you're not too sick of pictures of her because here are some more...

At the doctor's office...

Had to explore everything...


-This is what she looks like after a crappy nap...

-This hair can get pretty wild!...


But is getting so long and pretty!...





Sleeping beauty...

I love when she will sit quietly in her carseat and read her books...

Oh boy...


Getting too big!!...



In some more adorable outfits made by Grandma Martin...











No comments: