Here I am at 38 weeks and am more than ready for this baby to get here. I know, i know, I'm still a couple weeks away from my due date, blah, blah, blah, as my loving husband reminds me every day! :) lol. But things have gotten pretty darn uncomfortable and painful as this little princess has dropped low into my pelvic region so I'm definitely counting the days. I went to the Dr. again today and was pretty disappointed with his report of me having made zero progress since last week. Still sitting at 1 cm (better than nothing I guess!). When he told me I just said, "are you serious, nothing new!? Am I at least effaced at all?" He just kindly chuckled and said, "um, a little bit." aka-not really, but I'll throw you a bone. lol So then my immediate next question- "when will we start to consider an induction?" Disclaimer-I'm probably the single most impatient person in this world. He assured me that it was in both the baby's and my best interest to at least wait until we are closer to my due date before we start heading in that direction. Which I already knew, but it was worth a shot right? My Dr. is great and assured me that this is usually where women sit at this point in pregnancy and to not worry. To be honest, I'm not surprised by the news since I'm hardly having any contractions but I thought all this head-butting she is constantly doing would do something. But I am so grateful for her good health and that she is growing strong and only want what is in her best interest so I will continue to wait till she is ready. Here are a few more random thoughts I have had as late...
-I realized that the pregnancy "waddle" becomes necessary to get around. I was always really conscious of this earlier in my pregnancy and always tried to walk as normal as possible because I didn't want to be one of those pregnant girls. lol. But then I started feeling like I was walking with a softball between my legs and it no longer became a choice.
-When you are out running errands random people either stare at you or make the most random comments to you. My favorite was when I was at the grocery store and this clerk comes straight up to me and says, "Ms, I just want to let you know that security has been notified because we know you really just have a turkey stuffed under your shirt!"-he just busted up laughing and walked away. hahaha, I didn't even know what to say!
-I'm so excited to meet our little peanut that I have worried about, prayed for, and loved entirely since the day she was the size of "a period at the end of a sentence." And to be honest, it still doesn't seem real to me and don't think it will until she is in my arms.
Here is a 38 week picture. Sorry it's an awkward bathroom photo, but that's the best you're going to get for now. :)


5 comments:
You are seriously so adorable!!! I've been meaning to call you forever!! Hope you are ok - hang in there!!!! :)
like laura said "seriously so adorable!!" I cant believe she will be here so soon! I hope the next couple of weeks go fast and smoothly :)
O my, you look darling! Seriously hang in there
ok i cannot handle that grocery clerk haha weirdo. sorry there wasn't progress made, but she'll be here soon! :) love the updates!
When I got to 38 weeks I was sooooo ready, too!! Luckily Chad and I were on the same page about that :). It gets so uncomfortable and impossible to sleep. Just hang in there!! She'll be here before ya know it. Xo.
Post a Comment