The nursery is officially finished! :) I love the way it turned out. There were times when I would second think everything but it all came together. My camera really isn't the best at capturing the colors exactly but I tried to get them to turn out as close as I could to how it actually looks.
First off, I love how the gray color turned out on the walls. These pictures don't do it justice. I was nervous at first but we both love it. In fact, Scotty came in one time and said he would love this color in his own room. Aren't the prints above the crib adorable??? My sister-in-law Lyndsay designed them for me and I am so happy with how they turned out. She is so talented, check out her etsy shop here.
I was able to pick out the fabric I wanted for the crib bedding and my mother-in-law sewed the whole thing for me and made the matching quilt. She did a great job and I'm grateful for her hard work on it.
My sister-in-law sent me this idea for the balls early in my pregnancy before I was introduced to the wonderful world of pinterest. I thought they were adorable but had no clue how to make them until I found this tutorial off of pinterest. Let me tell you, these were a labor of love. It was SUPER time consuming and a lot of work. But I'm glad I did it.
This rocking chair was Scott's grandma's and I'm glad that I get to use it. My cousin Becca gave me this fabric which she used at my baby shower. I thought it was super cute so my mother-in-law made it into a seat cushion for me. She also made the valence.
I know it's not necessary to get the nursery done before the baby comes because she will spend the first months in her cradle next to our bed, but I really wanted to. It's kept me busy the past month and gets me so excited for her to be here. I think we are really close to having everything ready for her. My father-in-law is making a cradle for us and I'm so excited to see how it turns out. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow which makes me full-term and only 3 weeks away from my due date! I'm ready to get this show on the road, I hope the time doesn't drag too bad!




8 comments:
so so cute! I love that you framed a picture from your ultrasound! I just might have to steal that idea :)
cute whit! cute name too! i have a brooklyn in my class and she's a doll :)
It turned out so beautiful! You have such great style! LOVE it!
ok perfect!!!! such a cute set-up! good work :)
i love it!!! the rocking chair looks great! i miss you guys!
SO cute! I love it all!!
Yay! It's finished! It looks soooo adorable. Isn't it such a relief to have it all done? I remember the days when my changing table looked so cute and organized. Enjoy that part!! Xoxo.
Oh my goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Post a Comment