Measurements:
Head Circumference: 17 1/4 in. (90th Percentile)
Weight: 18lb. 12oz. (90th Percentile)
Height: 28 1/2 in. (OVER the 100th Percentile)
I can't believe my baby is 6 months old already! She is getting so big and I swear she picks up on something new everyday. I love the stage she is in right now. She is so curious about the world around her and wants to touch, grab, and eat anything in her sight.
At 6 months Brooklyn...
-Is a VERY busy girl. She never likes to sit still. The only place I've seen her sit still for an extended amount of time is on the couch with Scotty. She sits next to him with his arm around her and she is content as can be playing with the remote and watching TV with him.
-Loves sleeping in her crib, which I'm very grateful for. She also loves to just hang out in her crib. A lot of the time when she wakes up from her nap, I'll go in to find her laying the short way in the crib with her feet propped up on her bumper pads staring at the pictures above her crib.
-Is a good little sleeper and usually sleeps between 8pm-7/7:30ish am. However, I think we have been having some teething issues combined with all the traveling that has thrown this off for quite a few nights.
-Has no teeth yet but I definitely think she has some coming. I just hope sooner rather than later for everybody's sake. We have had some long days/nights where she shows all signs that one is coming and then will be fine for a few days. It's a constant roller coaster ride.
-Is a little squealer. She is constantly doing this super high-pitched squeal when she plays. My mom thinks it's so funny so I always call her when she is on a roll with it. She is a lot quieter when she's not in her normal environment and gets a little bashful sometimes.
-Is overall, the happiest little baby and has the biggest toothless smile.
-Plays really well in her jumper. She jumps, turns in her seat, and plays with all her toys on it now. She does get sick of being confined to it after a little bit and wants out.
-Loves being on the ground to play. She can move pretty far distances without being able to crawl yet. She rolls over and over, turns, and pushes with her feet to get to where she wants to go.
-Gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth but doesn't know how to move yet. I don't think it's going to be very much longer before we have a crawler on our hands. Scotty and my mom have seen her go from her hands and knees to a sitting position a couple of times. I have yet to see it though.
-Has gotten really good at sitting. She will still topple over every once in a while so I still have to stay close by and make sure she is on a soft surface.
-Is eating solids really well. I think her favorites are rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots.
-Is obsessed with tags. Anything that has a tag on it, she will find. I think she likes the tags better than the toys itself. The simple things...
-Is starting to have lighter hair. In some pictures it still looks brown b/c the tips are still a little dark. Everything growing in is a light blonde, so every time I give her a little trim it looks lighter.
-Is SUPER long. She wears mostly 9 & 9-12 month clothes.
We just love this little girl and wish time would slow down!
We took these pictures at my brother's wedding and I love how they turned out. I had my mother-in-law copy a dress I found online and I think it is sooo adorable...
She did not know what to think about the grass. This is the face she made right when I set her down...
She was so concerned...
Once I put a blanket down I was able to get some better pictures.















No comments:
Post a Comment