Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Come what may...

I have a sign in my front room that has a quote from a talk given by a late apostle of my church which reads:

Come what may and LOVE IT.

Easier said than done, right? I don't know about you, but I love inspiring quotes. I've probably repinned  a quote or two from you on pinterest. Sometimes it's all I need to refocus and carry on. I don't really know the purpose of this post other than sometimes it's therapeutic for me to write, so feel free to pass on by. There's nothing majorly going wrong at the time, in fact nothing is wrong, but I have been feeling a little out of sorts lately. I hate transitional times and having things up in the air. I love plans. And hate when I feel like I either can't plan or things aren't going as I had planned. But such is life. I'm still trying to figure out what to do as far as getting a nursing job goes. And it has been beyond frustrating. Everywhere wants experience and it's so hard to get around the internet screening process. Not to mention all the unions around here who have to give preference to their nursing schools that are in the union as well. I actually had a job opportunity that I turned down a couple months ago at a nursing home b/c it just really didn't feel right. I'm not opposed to a nursing home as a starter job but my gut was telling me "no" to this one. Since then, the job search has kinda been on the back burner with how busy we have been and I have applied for a New Grad Nurse Residency Program at UC Davis that will start in the fall and it has to be my first paying job as a RN. This seems like a great opportunity, so I wanted to see it through before I continue exploring other avenues. I will know in the next few weeks if I was even selected for an interview. There were hundreds of applicants and I don't think very many positions, so any prayers would be appreciated. I get frustrated with the thought of all my hard work not being good enough for a job that I would have had in a heartbeat a few years back. Can this economy get better already so nurses will retire and not come back to work? Having a baby throws in a whole new dynamic as well. My job opportunities are narrowed even further because I really only want a part-time night position, unless it was a limited-time awesome opportunity like the position at UC Davis. I am absolutely loving staying home with Brooklyn, so I wouldn't worry about finding a job if I didn't know it was the right thing for our family and myself to work a little bit. But maybe it's just not the right timing for some reason that I can't see now. So for now, I'm just enjoying all my time with Brooklyn and praying that it will all work out. Another reason I've been feeling so weird is because I miss Utah like crazy. I miss my friends. I miss seeing all the girls in my nursing program on a day-to-day basis. I miss all the sporting events and outdoor activities Utah has to offer. It's funny how I couldn't wait to be done with school and leave Utah but now I just want to go back. I could live in Utah any day...ahem, Ash Bash. ;) (Casey didn't pay me to say that either). I'm so excited to go to my brother's wedding in Utah next week and see everybody! Ok, enough with all the negative. We really do live in a great area and have been blessed with good, steady work right now. Scotty is such a hard worker and I'm grateful for all he does to provide for us. 

All is well...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whit I'm excited to see you guys !! Utahs not too bad haha :)