Friday, June 8, 2012

4 Months!


Stats:
Weight: 15 lb. 14 oz. (89%)
Height: 26 1/4 in. (95%)
Head Circumference: 16 3/4 in. (95%)
Big girl! Based on the growth curves, the Dr. said she is the size of an average 7 month baby. What?!

This little girl is so so fun!! She is so happy and has the spunkiest personality. It's fun to see her personality develop everyday and she brings so much joy into our lives. We both find her hilarious and just lay in bed at night and talk about all the funny and cute things she did that day. She definitely is stubborn and knows what she wants, which leaves me pulling my hair out some days! lol...I have met my match in so many ways with her. She is so active and wants to be moving all the time! These are some things that I want to remember about this month:
-She loves her playmat and grabs all her toys and tries to get them in her mouth and gets frustrated when she can't. She has also learned to kick the sides of the mat so that the whole thing shakes and she loves it!
-She is "talking" a lot more
-She gets really goofy and giggles at pretty much anything when she gets tired-just like her mom! Her giggle is adorable.
-Her favorite toys are her lady bug and "mr. bear"-she loves to attack and chew all over him.
-This Mother's Day was so special being my first-we didn't even know I was pregnant last one and even if I did, I don't think it would have felt like a real one. It's nice to have a day to be appreciated for all the hard work moms do day-in and day-out. And don't worry, Brooklyn decided to have a SUPER fussy day, so I spent the day doing what Mothers do best, consoling their babes. :) But she gave me a present that evening by rolling over back to stomach for the first time!! And she did it 3 times with witnesses which I was so happy about b/c I don't think anybody believed me. She is now pro at it and I think she actually prefers to be on her tummy now so she can look around. Pretty much anytime I leave the room I'll come back and find her on her stomach-I swear she is too young for that milestone but I'm telling you this girl just wants to go, go, go!! I'm not ready for it though...
-She is sleeping pretty well in her crib but this past week she has been waking up several times a night again and she usually ends up in our bed so that we can get some more sleep. Doesn't she know she can't tease us with a month of sleeping through the night and then go back??? She's been having some diarrhea and is waking up to poop which is unusual so hopefully that will clear up and maybe we will get back to where we were.
-She is becoming pretty independent and often times likes to do things herself-which she also gets from her mom. She has started falling asleep easier by us just laying her down (which I never thought was possible) and sometimes doesn't want to be held when being fed (weird, right?!). I love it sometimes, but other times I miss rocking her to sleep and holding her close to eat, so I cherish the times that she lets me.
-She does however love when you lay close to her for naps and falls asleep fast.
-She loves when I sing "You are my Sunshine" to her before she goes to sleep and gives me a big smile when she hears it.
-She likes to be held but only if she can see what's going on around her. DOES NOT like to be laid back in your arms unless she is deliriously tired.
-She gives pretty instant smiles to Scotty and me when she makes eye contact and often times will just stare and watch us from across the room. I think she is starting to recognize others as well.
-She recognizes her name and will turn to look at us once she hears it.
-She grabs and holds onto things now and wants to bring everything to her mouth.
-She has learned to grab her binkie and pull it out, much to my dismay because it takes 10x longer and many trips back to her room to put it back in-she falls asleep a lot faster with it in. I can't wait till she learns how to put it back in. She hardly ever keeps it in when she isn't tired.
-Has learned how to do a big girl scream and does it all day. Sometimes it's a playful, fun scream and other times it's when she is mad at something.
-Her hair is more out of control than it has ever been. She is getting some pretty big "power alleys" and has a balding line on the back of her head where she rubs it in her crib. It sticks STRAIGHT UP once it dries. We love it though, it totally fits her personality.
-The Dr. gave the go ahead to start solids and to try a milk-based formula. Given her past history of tummy problems, we will be starting everything very slow and see how she does.

We had a fun 4 month photoshoot...





Mastered her Bumbo, although she will only sit in it for about 5 minutes and then she arches her back to try and get out of it. Too confining for her taste I guess. 

She watches TV with as much focus as her Daddy...
 Loves her play mat...


Her first time taking a walk in her stroller w/out the carseat and she loved it! What a big girl!...





Oh hey blue eyes...

Can time just freeze now??

No comments: