One of my goals lately has been to cook more often to try and save money ($100+ in formula a month is brutal to a budget). I don't claim to be this amazing cook but I do like to try and improve. I love trying new recipes but I have a few rules I use to decide if I'm going to try it:
1. It can't have a million ingredients-meaning it can't cost more to make than us just going and grabbing something. I usually won't go above 5-8, unless I have most of the things on hand already.
2. I have to know what everything is and all ingredients have to be at the simple grocery store.
3. It can't take too long to cook.
4. I love taking recommendations before trying it myself but Pinterest has helped me be more open. There is nothing more annoying than taking the time to make a meal, and then we don't like it and end up going out anyways. So I thought I would share some successful ones we have found.
So with that said, here are some recipes that I have tried lately and have been added to our meal rotation...enjoy!
1. Chicken Salad Curry Wraps
-Both of us aren't huge fans of yellow curry so next time I'm going to use barely any, but if you like it then you will love these.
-Both of us aren't huge fans of yellow curry so next time I'm going to use barely any, but if you like it then you will love these.
-I have yet to master the dressing part and it is always a little too thick but it's really good. If you want a similar type of salad but don't want to make from scratch, we love the Fresh Express Strawberry Fields kit.
3. Big Kahuna Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches
-I was a little nervous about this one b/c I like Teriyaki a lot more than Scotty, but he really liked them. Neither of us like Ham, so we omitted that.
4. Steak Fajita Bowls
5. Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
-We both thought the Monterrey Cheese was a little overpowering, so we are going to try substituting it with Mozzarella next time.
6. BBQ Chicken Pizza
-Couldn't get the pic to copy, but this is really good! I made a big batch of pizza dough and food saved what I didn't use. I got the dough recipe from my SIL so let me know if you want a good one! But I have also used the Jiffy Pizza Dough-super cheap and easy! or just bought pre-made crust
7. Chicken Enchilada Soup
-I LOVE CROCK POT MEALS! I love just throwing everything in and letting it cook itself. This is perfect for a winter or rainy day. (couldn't get this picture either)
8. Easiest Pulled Pork Sandwiches EVER
-I make these ALL the time, in fact we had them last night. They are so easy and cheap-only 4 ingredients! We substitute the pepsi for root beer b/c I'm not a Cola fan. (Again, no pic)
9. White Chicken Enchiladas
-I love Enchiladas and loved this recipe. Disclaimer-so not healthy for you and enchiladas always seem to take longer than I want to cook but they are great leftovers.
Ok, there you go, I'll post more if I find some good ones!






1 comment:
This was just what I needed. Thanks foe sharing!
Post a Comment