We had a great time celebrating Father's Day. I never realized how special these days are until we had Brooklyn. I loved being able to spoil Scotty and let him know how appreciated he really is. These past 4 months have made me love Scotty more than I thought possible. Not only is he an incredible father to Brooklyn but he has been such an amazing husband to me. Seriously, I was not the easiest big, huge, uncomfortable, "get this baby out of me" pregnant girl, or post-pregnancy/recovery/hormones flying/sleep deprived girl to deal with. He went above and beyond to show me how much he loved and appreciated me. He would let me know that I was doing a great job, despite how much I doubted myself. He was so patient with me when I was a complete emotional wreck and cranky from being so sleep deprived. He always tries to make my load easier when he gets home from work and the best thing about it, is that he enjoys it. He wants to feed Brooklyn, change her diapers (ok, maybe he just doesn't mind it), and play with her. I think one of the things I love so much about Scotty is that he is so hands-on with her and has been from day 1. I know that he was really nervous to bring her home and doubted his ability to care for her, but seriously, he is a natural. He is also SO protective of her. Seriously, so much more than me, and that is saying something! When it comes to letting her cry it out a little bit at night, he is totally Cam and I am Mitchell for all those Modern Family fans out there. She really doesn't even get mad or cry hard, just fusses, but the second he hears it, he is on his way back there. I have to stop him and tell him that she is ok, just let her cry a minute or two. I instantly get told I "have a heart of stone." lol. Do you want to know what else was cool about yesterday? It was the day Scotty proposed to me 4 years ago. I made the best decision of my life to say yes. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Scotty and Brooklyn (sorry they all got out of order)...
Hard to believe she was ever this little...
Look at that little smurk...
We got the recipe for the Crusted Coconut French Toast from Hawaii and I made it for breakfast, yummy!
Not only am I blessed with a great baby daddy, I have a great dad myself. I'm so grateful for all the love and support he has shown me...
And just for fun, here is a picture from 4 years ago...













No comments:
Post a Comment