Tuesday, July 10, 2012

5 Months

I know I say this every time, but Brooklyn is getting so big! I am loving this stage. She is so curious and wants to touch, grab, and chew on everything in her sight. She has starting making so much noise and is constantly moving! She seriously never just sits still unless she is super tired! She is so fun to have around. Here are some things about Brooklyn at 5 months...
-She is a good little sleeper. She goes to bed around 8-9pm, wakes up anytime between 6-8am-if she wakes up before 7am, I bring her into bed with me and she usually falls asleep for another hour or two. She takes 3 naps a day for an hour-an hour and a half. She sometimes half-wakes up in the middle night but once her pacifier goes in, she is right back out. She usually falls asleep on her own in her crib after I feed her a bottle, read her a book, sing some lullabies and rock her for a little bit. If she has a hard time falling asleep for a nap, I'll take her out and rock her. She has let me rock her to sleep more often which is nice, especially during church! She usually sleeps on her back with her arms above her head in a "touchdown" position or on her side. Just recently I have found her on her stomach a couple of times, which makes her look so old! She always wakes up so happy, so I love going to get her. 
-She started solids this month and we transitioned her to regular formula! Yay! She has done so well with all of it. She wasn't too sure about solids at first, but she has gotten so good and will open her mouth for each bite. So far she has eaten rice cereal, bananas, peaches, sweet potatoes, apples, and carrots. I have made homemade batches of apples and bananas and plan on making more of different foods. It's not hard to do and I like doing it. She drinks 8 oz in the morning and then 6 oz every 3-4 hours with one or two small solid feedings a day. 
-She can turn all around, roll, and scoot small distances and surprises me with how much she can move. I will leave the room for just a few minutes and come back to find her in a totally different position. She is starting to try to get on her knees and will do this belly-swim motion when she sees something she wants. She has such a look of determination on her face when she sees something she wants but gets frustrated because she doesn't know how to get there yet. 
-She babbles a lot now and just recently starting making this "mmm" sound all the time and it sometimes sounds like she's say "ma or mom." I tease Scotty about it even though I know she has no clue what she is saying yet. 
-She is such a happy baby and always gives me the biggest smiles and has started doing a lot more real belly laughing. 
-Even though she is happy the majority of the time, she can get really mad and has a very loud, screaming cry. This usually happens in her carseat and I swear it pierces our eardrums. She has improved tons in her carseat ever since I took all inserts out. I guess the headrest was cramping her style.
-Wears 6 & 6-9 month clothes
-She is working hard on being able to sit. She can sit for quite a while when she leans forward and balances her weight with her hands on the ground but is still pretty unsteady otherwise.
-She took another trip to LA and Newport Beach for her cousin Nicole's baby blessing and did awesome. 
-Grandma Tracy came to visit for a few days while I took some nursing certification classes and she loved spending time with her.
-I feel like she changes everyday and time is starting to fly by.

This photo shoot has proved to be the most difficult yet because she is so busy all the time. I was seriously sweating by the end, this is how it went....

First, she wouldn't stop grabbing the sign...




Then all of sudden she would be on her stomach and almost fall off the chair...


Then she would give me a little sass...


Grab her sign again...



Then give me some goofy faces...

Then eat her shirt...

Then eat her hands...

Then she decided that since her mom was making a complete fool of herself behind the camera, to finally give her a few good smiles...



Then she wanted to sit forward...

And eat her hand some more...




Then she found her toes...

And went for the sign one last time...

She is quite a character and a good sport for all the photo shoots I put her through. 

No comments: